MadTracker.org
Forum - Complete MOD Compo: CMC Mad starts now!
 Forum
General discussion
 Complete MOD Compo: CMC Mad starts now!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Novus
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21 2003 10:11    
Complete MOD Compo: CMC Mad starts now!

At long last, trackers who use Mad Tracker have their own niche in the longest-running active compo in today's scene: The Complete MOD Compo! CMC Mad is now accepting entries for September's compo. To enter, all you have to do is cast your vote on August's six entries! Details and a pre-FAQ are all up on the CMC site. But hurry... the voting/entry deadline for this month is less than 10 days away: Saturday, August 30th!

http://www.novusmusic.org/cmc

The Novus Compo
New MP3 music competition. Cast your vote and enter today!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Novus
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 06:44    

Hmm... silly me. When all you Mad Trackers out there kept bugging me for the last 20 months to start accepting Mad Tracker songs in CMC, I thought some of y'all actually wanted to, um, you know, enter your song? And instead of all this Mad Tracker goodness you've been telling me about, all I hear are crickets instead. Nothin' wrong with crickets, I suppose, but...
Sad

The Novus Compo
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 08:58    

Take it easy.. The forum has been very quiet for the whole holidays. CMC or not. Wink

Some news headline will help maybe? Smile

Yannick
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 09:47    

naah, didn't do it for me Yannick. I usually jump directly to the forum pages, only occasionally check the news Mr. Green

Anyway, might enter something, but with school starting next week and all, it could become pretty hectic (have to decidce what I want to be when I get big Shocked )
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Novus
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 11:06    

News headline? Me like! Me like! Very Happy

Sunbuster, I hope to see you enter. Heck, you might win by default. Wink Regardless, voting shouldn't take too long, an hour, maybe 2 hours if you really want to be nit-picky about getting your ballot juuuuuuuust right. It's only 6 songs, so... Smile

The Novus Compo
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 11:37    

yeah, what the hell. I've got a couple of songs that are in a state that they could be submitted to the compo after a bit of tweaking, plus I have some spare time today so... Smile
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 11:59    

One thing, the rules say no VST plugins because you don't want people to have to download stuff like that to be able to listen to the tune, does that rule out the mpReverb plugin for Madtracker also?
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 12:29    

Well, since the mpReverb is easily available (MT homepage) and is shipped with the 2.3.0RC1, I suppose it is accepted. Is it Novus?

Yannick
Novus
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 14:23    

Okay, here's the spirit of that rule. Any entries should be fully playable in the "naked" program itself. That's all I'm going to use, and that's all I'm going to require my voters to use.

There's a method to my madness... it's hard enough to get voters as it is, even when I go out of my way to make it easy for them. If people have to start downloading extra plug-ins and such just to be able to hear one song, they're going to say "Screw it" and not even bother. That's not theory; that's fact that I've learned the hard way.

Yannick, you did mention that this particular plug-in is included in the latest version of Mad Tracker. Does that mean it works as soon as I install the Mad Tracker program itself? If yes, then I'm going to allow it. I already plan to STRONGLY suggest on the site that people use the latest version of each next-gen tracker to play the entries, since all three programs are still under development on some level.

Sunblaster, I would recommend that you not RELY on that plug-in to make the song sound good, because odds are there will be people who will play your song without that plug-in. Keep that in mind.

The Novus Compo
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 14:45    

The 2.3.0 RC 1 has the reverb in it, and it works as soon as the program is installed.

It is not a 100% official version, but it is very stable except for a little bug in the track labeling.
People who only play songs with it won't have any problem.

Yannick
Novus
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 15:24    

Sunblaster, based on Yannick's answer, you can use the reverb. My advice about not RELYING on it still applies though. I can strongly suggest people use the most up-to-date Mad Tracker, but that doesn't mean they will. Wink

The Novus Compo
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 15:58    

Well, since I've used the plugin in pretty much every tune I made since the plugin came out, that would mean I either havet to dig up some really old tune, or create a new one that doesn't use the plugin. I guess I'll just take my chances Wink I believe pretty much everyone that uses Madtracker has downloaded the plugin anyway so...
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 16:12    

Does this mean that you strongly advice us not to use more than 32 tracks neither? (As 64 tracks is only available in the last version, which is not 100% official yet...)

https://www.dvibe.se
Novus
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23 2003 17:04    

Let me re-phrase. Laughing

Use [insert any feature that is not fully supported in older versions of Mad Tracker here] at your own risk. Short of infecting the computers of CMC's visitors with a trojan horse that installs the latest Mad Tracker on their hard drive, I cannot force the voters to download and use the latest Mad Tracker.

There. That oughta cover it. Now chop-chop! Enter some songs, peepz! Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes

The Novus Compo
Brian
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25 2003 05:23    

Novus wrote:
Sunblaster, based on Yannick's answer, you can use the reverb. My advice about not RELYING on it still applies though. I can strongly suggest people use the most up-to-date Mad Tracker, but that doesn't mean they will. Wink

LoLz.... Sunblaster.. sounds like the sister of the DeathStar...
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next