Forum
Help and support
 Changing BMP resamples?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Phil_The_Rodent
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05 2006 01:08    
Changing BMP resamples?

Ok, first of all, hi guys. I'm new at Mad Tracker, but I used to use Impulse Tracker for a few years in the early or mid 90s. Just regaining my footing.

Okay, now the question. I'm just toying around right now, but I've got a pretty slick drumline set-up and I have taken some choral parts and made an instrument with them. Now I've changed all the choral samples to "Synchronized" to keep them wholesome, and I'm just trying to now find their undertow to synch them up with my drumline. Problem is, every time I change the BPM in the song, the samples stay at the same BPM and so resample up or down. It's terrible. I have to keep changing the BPM on them to get them back in key.

I've tried "No interpolation" but it doesn't seem to help. There must be something I'm missing...
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05 2006 08:25    

See if you cant find something in the instrument window. I`m at work now and cant verify this, but there should be a way to set the correct BPM for the sample/instrument.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Phil_The_Rodent
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05 2006 13:52    

Thanks Martin.

Yeah, I found something in the sample window to set the BPM, but when I change the tempo of the song the sample BPM doesn't change so it resamples it down or up depending on which way I adjust the song tempo. So I keep having to change the BPM many times: once for the song, then once for each sample in the song.

I poked around in the instrument settings but didn't see anything. I'll have another look tonight. Thanks for the reply. Smile
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05 2006 14:37    

ok, I gave you the wrong directions, sorry - I was thinking of the sample window. Press the little green sample icon between the instrument and VST icon. From the menu that appears - try checking syncronized, or change the BPM. I have`nt played around played with these settings too much, but this is where I would look for a solution... Perhaps Yannick could come up with a more precise answer?? Smile

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05 2006 14:51    

What you apparently want to do is changing the bpm of rhythmical loops without changing their pitch. That isn't possible inside MadTracker (atleast not to my knowledge, althoug there will be vst plugins that can help you out here), since it demands a timestretch algorhythm. Acid can do such a thing realtime, and most wave editors have the ability to do it offline. You just need to exactly find out a: what the bpm of the current loop is, and b: what exactly your intended bpm is. Try not to make the transition too big; stretching always gives artefacts.

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Phil_The_Rodent
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05 2006 15:19    

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yeah, synchronization is kinda what I'm after. Ticking Synch will drive the loop straight from disk without interpolation provided the sample BPM and the song BPM are an exact match. Problem is the sample BPM won't change when I change the song BPM. I just want to keep thing wholesome... not change the sample BPM at all, Inge... Audacity will change a wav tempo without affecting pitch easily enough. Is there possibly a seperate tempo setting aside from BPM?

I've started with a LOT of samples.

Now... I found close enough to the underlying tempo in the loops for this song (@75BPM), but it was a pretty hefty burden to change all my sample BPMs each time I tried to synchronize the drum pattern with the loop. Surely there must be an easier way?

PS: I must add that I DID greatly enjoy tuning the sampled drums using the BPM. Very helpful.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour