Forum - Is it just me?
 Forum
Music talk
 Is it just me?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Elijah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08 2007 00:22    
Is it just me?

ok... heres a wierd thoughtwave. im currently working on my song 'APart in This', i posted it a while back, and im trying to make it album-worthy. but heres the thing. even tho the songs is so-and-so BPM... why does it sound like it slows down sometimes

it just seems like at some points in the song that its slower than others. i dont know

heres the song...

APart in This

im just really confused and wondering if its just me.

otherwise, i just need to rerecord the vox i thinks. anyways other feedback is needed as well. so tell me what would make this more club worthy, (if it can be) if not, maybe just some advice on the mix. im still fairly new with house/dance

(yes, magnus, im workin on it Twisted Evil)

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigandymac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08 2007 03:26    

i've noticed it before in separate tracks of the same bpm. a lot of it comes down to how much is going on. say for example you have a beat that is just a hihat clap and kick then itll sound slower than if it has bongos, ghost snares, more hats etc. it sort of tricks the ear i guess.

as for the track, i really like the tune, and i like the vocal as well. the structure overall is good, percussion is good, but the mix is a bit off (im listening on heads so may change this in the morning).
the kick has very little bass, in fact the whole track is lacking in bass i think. the vocal is a couple of db too quiet, the bass sounds panned to the left whereas bass should ideally be centred.

i really like the tuna and vocal though, any chance i could have a go at a remix?
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elijah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08 2007 04:02    

for sure. when i finish it i will post an aca. with it.

as for the bass. i need a new bassline. i think the lack of bass in my songs is because of my sub. i listen and mix in my truck a lot with my sub on.. but its very low. but still. does anybody else have a sub in their place?

and another thing. my kick seems to lag behind in the mix with the sub... do you know what i mean? how can i fix this?

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08 2007 07:53    

You guys have weird ears I guess, here it runs quite much without tempo changes. And mixing with a sub is generally not-so-good an idea, I think. You mix a lot in your truck? You're my man.

I agree with the kick, it doesn't sound very much like a club kick. And the bass... Well where is it anyways? Wink But I don't think it lacks in bass that much. I don't need super-bassy tracks in general. It's got a nice rhythm. I'm also a bit bothered of the the lead on the right. On the other hand my tracks are always quite centered, so.. Nice piece anyways.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
troy1818

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09 2007 23:01    

Speak up, I cant hear a word. Bass drum is too....too lame or somthing. Except for this the track is great according to me Cool Laughing
View user's journal Send private message
Elijah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10 2007 03:46    

yah, i kept the vox down for this mix, just because i wanted to know if it sounds like it slowed down to anybody else...

the kick souds good in my truck, what doesnt sound right about it? i have a lot of bass when i play it for me...

- Elijah
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10 2007 14:12    

Nice track....good singing like always.

Instrumental arrangement is very nice too.

I agree with my fellows up there.

Vocals are way too silent Sad but u explained why....

Nice job.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour