Forum - mt3?
 Forum
Help and support
 mt3?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
bigandymac

PostPosted: Wed May 30 2007 10:06    

i dont know about disrespectful. calling mt shit would be disrespectful but we all know its not shit.
i think this thread, and the other threads on the forum about mt3 are borne of frustration as we watch our rival software users move on ahead whilst mt stands still.
its not a personal attack on yannick or his software and im sure he never took it that way. its our easiest medium for getting across our thoughts to other mt users and to yannick about what is a big issue for us.
anyway, theres another thread where yannick has answered honestly about mt3 for the benefit of the newest users. for those of us who've been around for a while the same topic was discussed a few months ago, as far as im concerned we should let the topic lie, when yannick is ready he'll sort out mt3.
anyway, thats my 2 pennies worth.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01 2007 09:28    

Come on guys.

Just because they switched to another tool doesnt mean that they disrespect Yannick.

I believe that MAdtracker was an important first step to them like it was to me.

And don´t forget...Andy and Frank are running their own label which means they produce professionally which prolly had to make ´em switch tools.

I´m glad they are posting here still....I´d miss them if they wouldnt...lol.

I already had a look at other music tools but I am a) too lazy to get myself into new stuff, b) I anyway don´t have enough time to produce new tracks and write new verses and c) MT is totally enough for the things I do.

Yannick, keep it up Wink!

Peace...

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14 2007 14:03    

goose wrote:
Do all you people impatiently waiting for MT3 actually know what MT3 will actually be like? Probably not. I don't - so I am not waiting for it to be some kind of miracle cure. I enjoy really exploring the existing strengths of MT2 and use other progs for stuff MT2 cannot do. No worries. I bet, judging from MT2, that MT3 could be excellent - but would I want to use it? I have no idea. Cool

Cubase/sonar etc are good progs for certain stuff, but are they good for MY music? No. It's an individual decision. No comparison. So I don't understand why you need to say MT2 is bollox, especially on Yannick's forum. Rolling Eyes If you don't use MT, why post on the MT forum? It doesn't help us learn anything about MT. Sad

Sorry for ranting. Razz

Well I wonder what improvements could mt3 deliver anyway in comparation with mt 2.6??

G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14 2007 17:45    

cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL wrote:
goose wrote:
Do all you people impatiently waiting for MT3 actually know what MT3 will actually be like? Probably not. I don't - so I am not waiting for it to be some kind of miracle cure. I enjoy really exploring the existing strengths of MT2 and use other progs for stuff MT2 cannot do. No worries. I bet, judging from MT2, that MT3 could be excellent - but would I want to use it? I have no idea. Cool

Cubase/sonar etc are good progs for certain stuff, but are they good for MY music? No. It's an individual decision. No comparison. So I don't understand why you need to say MT2 is bollox, especially on Yannick's forum. Rolling Eyes If you don't use MT, why post on the MT forum? It doesn't help us learn anything about MT. Sad

Sorry for ranting. Razz

Well I wonder what improvements could mt3 deliver anyway in comparation with mt 2.6??

better sound quality? Mp3 export?

www.soundsector.net
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14 2007 21:15    

G3ronimo wrote:
Mp3 export?

No need to reinvent the wheel if you ask me...

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bigandymac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15 2007 00:13    

full midi support, undo
Prometheus-3
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15 2007 05:25    

UNDO NEED UNDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://daprometheus3.googlepages.com/
New line of synthesizers announced! I'll keep you informed!
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15 2007 07:30    

Walter Vos wrote:
G3ronimo wrote:
Mp3 export?

thats just plain bullshit imo.. no need to reinvent the wheel, you know how annoying it is if you want to make a quick export for yor friends to listen to convert it first?

its bloody annoying thats what it is

www.soundsector.net
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15 2007 14:26    

G3ronimo wrote:
Walter Vos wrote:
G3ronimo wrote:
Mp3 export?

thats just plain bullshit imo.. no need to reinvent the wheel, you know how annoying it is if you want to make a quick export for yor friends to listen to convert it first?

I guess, if that´s what you need it for than it´s a nice feature. However, do you think this MP3 export should have the same amount op options (CBR, VBR, bitrate or bitrate range) as any decent encoder?

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15 2007 18:56    

G3ronimo wrote:
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL wrote:
goose wrote:

Sorry for ranting. Razz

better sound quality? Mp3 export?

MP3 export would be cool.
But better sound quality?
Dunno....I mean...whats to improve there?

G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 2007 09:24    

Walter Vos wrote:
G3ronimo wrote:
Walter Vos wrote:
G3ronimo wrote:
Mp3 export?

I guess, if that´s what you need it for than it´s a nice feature. However, do you think this MP3 export should have the same amount op options (CBR, VBR, bitrate or bitrate range) as any decent encoder?

not especially, just the common stuff.. 128bits or 256

not more not less ^^

IRT chief, well, if I have been working for a few hours and sonar.. and then go to madtracker to make a melody or smthing, it is like horrid :\

www.soundsector.net
DJ Tiago
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 2007 10:16    

Anyway, I'm a bit displeased with madtracker I have to say. I'm one of those persons who actually paid for full registration including the promise to download MT3 in the future (if that ever happens). I'm an economics student and a business student so to hear that things are getting in the way of Yannick's life, I can understand from the viewpoint of an empathetic person.

But business is business and when people pay for a product and for a promise for future delivery of a product (MT3) they should be receiving it under just cause. This is called fair trading. I am beginning to feel cheated and I'm losing my patience. This sort of behaviour makes consumers want to rip off intellectual property instead of rewarding people for creating such intellectual property. I'm incredibly angry and feel like I should just rip off another superior product to make music (which I am at the moment).

In fact someone suggested I should switch and I have and I will not say who that was. Anyway Yannick, good luck with all your future endevours.
View user's journal Send private message
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 2007 10:33    

Is there any way to put a stop on this MT3 babble?

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 2007 14:47    

Walter Vos wrote:
Is there any way to put a stop on this MT3 babble?

nah ah Wink

www.soundsector.net
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 2007 17:57    

bigandymac wrote:
i've changed the software im using, been waiting too long for mt3. Sad

yeah!... me too... i'm still using MadTracker, but nowadays mi music rules 50% MadTracker 50% FL Studio 7.

maybe in short time i hove to going to using Renoise and Cubase... i don't know...

Visit http://www.electromusica.com
----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next