Music talk
 The Triumph of Evil
Reply to topic Post new topic  
snarkle
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25 2007 01:23    
The Triumph of Evil

http://snarkle.madtracker.net/triumph%20of%20evil.mp3

Hi all, it's been a long while since I've posted any music to Madtracker.net, so I thought it was about time. Comments are, as always, welcome.
This was made using Madtracker 2.6, SuperWave8, Triangle, Synth 1, and FreeAlpha, as well as a few vocal, sound effect, and chopped up drum loop samples.

Enjoy!

Snarkle
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25 2007 09:57    

A write as I listen review:

Like the beat section. Although somewhat minimal, it still sounds variating, probably because it fits well with some of the other background instruments.
Not fond of the Synth playing the lead, sounds a bit too much late 80's early 90's Beverly Hills cop. The melody in general seems to me more like a ballad and in my ear sounds forced when combined with the rest of the track, but I guess that's more a matter of taste.

Production wise it sounded ok, nothing popped up immediately when considering levels etc. Sample quality could perhaps be improved a bit when it comes to the drums. They sound a bit lo-fi.

Overall, it's an ok track as far as variations go imo, but not something I'd play extensively on my iPod.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Frazze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25 2007 12:15    

I agree with Sunbuster. The lead does not real work, I think it to thick maybe. The drums are noisy (sounds like drumatic to me), which does not work for me.

About the melody; the main problem seems to be wanting to fit something to listen to over a pretty much finished background. This is especialy true for the part in the middle were there are to many notes on the lead.

Hope this was helpful in some way. Smile

http://www.last.fm/music/8ism
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
snarkle
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27 2007 09:03    

Sunbuster wrote:
A write as I listen review:

Like the beat section. Although somewhat minimal, it still sounds variating, probably because it fits well with some of the other background instruments.
Not fond of the Synth playing the lead, sounds a bit too much late 80's early 90's Beverly Hills cop. The melody in general seems to me more like a ballad and in my ear sounds forced when combined with the rest of the track, but I guess that's more a matter of taste.

Production wise it sounded ok, nothing popped up immediately when considering levels etc. Sample quality could perhaps be improved a bit when it comes to the drums. They sound a bit lo-fi.

Overall, it's an ok track as far as variations go imo, but not something I'd play extensively on my iPod.

Hi and thanks for the review.

Yeah, I think the lead was a bit cheesy! It's interesting that you mentioned the lead sounded like a ballad. I do tend to listen to a fair bit of ballads, so perhaps that influenced me...

Snarkle
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
snarkle
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27 2007 09:10    

Frazze wrote:
I agree with Sunbuster. The lead does not real work, I think it to thick maybe. The drums are noisy (sounds like drumatic to me), which does not work for me.

About the melody; the main problem seems to be wanting to fit something to listen to over a pretty much finished background. This is especialy true for the part in the middle were there are to many notes on the lead.

Hope this was helpful in some way. Smile

Hi there Frazze. Yes - the lead is too thick, you're right. Anyway, it's something to iron out if I ever remake the track, or do something again similar. I admit that some of the middle has too much going on. I suspected it myself but it's nice to get it confirmed by someone else.

Cheers, and thanks for the review.

Snarkle
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour