Forum
Music talk
 Dubstar remixed :)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Future Tribe
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 2003 20:11    
Dubstar remixed :)

[url=http://clan.hot.ee/eq/upload/Dubstar%20-%20When%20The%20World%20Knows%20Your%20Name%20(Future%20Tribe%202003%20Remake)%20v0.4.mp3]Click here[/url]

When I first heard the original version, I knew there was something missing Laughing (well, it's quite an old tune, I don't know how many of you know it).
It's like I had two options, either overlay it with a d'n'b beat or a happy hardcore beat. I chose the latter Wink . I don't know, seems like most of you guys here like dnb rather than rave, but you should still dl it and have a listen Smile
And, umm... tell me what you think Razz

and of course, it was made 100% in Madtracker Cool

greets,
Future Tribe

generated by quake, do not modify
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 2003 21:11    

You wouldn't happen to have the original lying around somewhere? Wink

Your remix, sounds cool, although I'm not quite sure about the vocals. Simply because they somehow sound too slow for this kind of music, maybe you should helium them up a bit Wink Razz

No, but seriously, the music in it self sounds cool. Although I'm not a big fan of happy hardcore anymore, there was a time when Dune, DJ Paul Elstak, Charly Lownoise & Menthal Theo and so on where all I knew about Smile But like I said, somehow the vocals sound too slow for this beat, even though they are on beat all the way. But still, nice work, now I could just get the original... Confused
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Future Tribe
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 2003 22:07    

First of, thanks for your positive words Cool

I uploaded the original version, just go to http://clan.hot.ee/eq/upload you'll find the mp3 there (ignore all the other stuff there). There's also a rar-ed up 30 Mb MT2 version there Twisted Evil

Now, the vocals *are* slow, actually even slower than in the original, but when I pitched them one octave higher (and still maintaining the speed, whitch btw took 2 hours on my Pentium 2 Laughing ), they were too high.. And I wouldn't want to remove them also since they are somewhat an essence of this track Very Happy

Anyway, feel free to further edit (or completely rewrite) this tune, if you're willing to download the MT2 version Razz

cheers and thanks for the feedback,
ft

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07 2003 00:40    

YES! Happy hardcore! The stuff of legend Wink

About the vocals, here's an interesting quote.

The Music Instructor wrote:

Now it's time to introduce the main vocal...

... listen how it sounds when we pitch them five (5) notes up.

I think, out of own experience, 5 halfnotes are meant here. Pitching it up for more than an half octave usually don't give satisfying results.

So it's up to you if you wanna spend time doing this (2 hours?? Shocked). But I think you should if it gives the happy hardcore sound I love.

Waiting for the final version.[/quote]

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Future Tribe
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07 2003 13:01    

Hey Blaster,

I did as you suggested, pitched the vocal 5 half-notes up (it took a couple of hours, but it's not like I had anything better to do anyway Razz) At first it sounded kinda goofy, cuz I had to pitch everything else melodic in the tune too. But now, having listened to it i-don't-know-how-many times, it sounds pretty good (partially because I was already bored with the old version anyway Laughing ).

Imho, there are still a couple of things that need to be fixed tho. I think it needs some strings or synths to the lower freq. range. Especially for the parts without the vocals... And the bass may be a bit too loud as it is now...
And the ending doesn't feel right, comes a bit too suddenly.

Anyway, [url=http://clan.hot.ee/eq/upload/Dubstar%20-%20When%20The%20World%20Knows%20Your%20Name%20(Future%20Tribe%202003%20Remake)%20v0.5.mp3]here is the link for the pitched version[/url]. Give it a listen, and comments are of course welcome Smile

ft

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07 2003 20:43    

The pitched version does sound better in my ears at least Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07 2003 23:14    

Glad to help, I will download this version and give you my feedback on it. Though it might take a few days..

Update:
Got it and the vocals sound are nicely pitched. But IMHO the song needs some mastering (at least this is what I have to say after listening to it on my setup): the lead instrument is too loud and maybe not happy/playful enough (uh I mean I don't really get a energetic happy feeling from it, it's kinda nagging. Maybe this is resolved when it's a bit lower in volume in the mix). The vocals tend to get lost, I really can't hear what is being sung unless I'd really concentrate. The kickdrum might be a bit louder, to give the song more energy. No problems with the bass though.

Well, I'd love to hear the final version.

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour