also my first album finally done
Reply to topic Post new topic  
elijahlucian
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04 2007 18:47    
also my first album finally done

just wanted to let you let all you know and recieve my first album

http://www.evolucianmusic.com/music/elijahlucian-methodsofdisplacement.zip

and maybe if some people can help me figure out who to maket this to? some djs says its not 'dance' but its a variety on the album... thanks homies. its good to see yall again.0

:edit: ARGH for some EFFING REASON i uploaded only 6 tracks in the rar file... anyways let me know what you think .i updated with a zip
View user's journal Send private message
Nine
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05 2007 15:06    

First response? Strange.

I really like your way of approaching music in a different way, I can appreciate that and have respect for this. When I listened to the first few tracks I had the feeling this album was gonna be some same old shit with no diversity at all, but songs like Get on the dancefloor and Stays the same are pretty good in my opinion. Though I have to be honoust and say I liked the first version of Stays the same was more interesting to me as a person, because i'm a simplicity man. You got a nice bluesy, jazzy voice and I think you should try something like that next Wink

But this is a really nice album, are you thinking about beeing signed? Anyways, I'm your fan! Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/louiscoerl
elijahlucian
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05 2007 20:20    

thanks man. strange is typically the response i wanted with this one... lol

i wanted to have those first few tracks that are cool you know, but then i wanted my style to shine thru after i have put people in their comfort zone.

stays the same. i like the simple version better as well.. but i wanted to have a produced version just for the album. i kinda like what happened. kinda funky jazzy stuff

anyways i shouldve posted this before... but this is my explanation of the album, if there can be one...

"Life will take you from 'A' to 'B', What takes you to 'C'? Its music for me. These are my methods of displacement.

This album is my work of discovery. Experimentation is what brings me to my point 'C' in life. Genres are borders that need not be there, and if somebody wants to bring something from france to england or mexico to canada, I say 'let them'. Music is the same way. There is no higher state music, music is an expression of self and should be seen as that no matter what genre it is."

maybe that can clear things up a bit. but i still think even the 'radio friendly-er' songs are still not your avg cup for coffee but thats just me because i think im original. i mean... ok. 'can i' is pretty cliche but i made that as a joke.. haha. ask g3ronimo. i wrote it in like 20 mins.

oh. and nine, thanks for checkin it. and feeding back too man. i appreciate it. there's a couple small time labels that are interested but they seem like snakes... so im gonna talk to them and try and get some input in terms of distribution and such. im sending it out to cdbaby and itunes tho...

i opened up a webstore tho... http://www.evolucianmusic.com/store/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=19&

what do you think is a good price... i have 14.99
nib0rd00h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05 2007 23:26    

Wow!!! Some kick ass album here! Smile Just listened all the 14 tracks, thanks a lot! Here my first impression notes from 1 (amazing) to 6 (well, not so amazing) for each track:
1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 3 (lyrics not so good)
4 - 4
5 - 3
6 - 2
7 - 3 (lyrics not so good)
8 - 2 or 3
9 - 1
10 - 2 (amazing music but bad vocal)
11 - 2
12 - 2
13 - 2
14 - 1
Your music and voice has it's own somehow cool and easy recognizable style. Lyrics is not exactly my thing, but it's probably just because I can't associate me with it.

Well, so much about the first impressions of some regular music listener. Smile Thanks again and good luck!

Edit:
P.S. Is that mp3 or CD version in your shop? If mp3 - isn't it too much in the "10$ for an album" (ITMS) times?
elijahlucian
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06 2007 01:34    

hey! thanks for the feedback. some interesting responses there... wow. if a couple more ppl could do this kind of chart for me that would be WICKED. i find it really interesting who likes what songs and the combination of which songs they like are really strange sometimes.

at least there were no 6s. lol Very Happy thanks so much for the review, nib0rd00h

and for the price yea. im going to bring the price to 9.99 for the mp3s. i am making a cd version as well but that wont be done until january or so...

but thanks. because im not really sure what people really want to pay etc...

can i ask 1 more questionÉ what kind of music do you typically listen to...
elijahlucian
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06 2007 01:36    

Nine wrote:
You got a nice bluesy, jazzy voice and I think you should try something like that next Wink

oh and i meant to say. my next album is going to be a simple produced kind of thing like bluesy jazzy stuff. its gonna be fun for sure. ill let you know when its out man!
nib0rd00h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06 2007 22:36    

elijahlucian wrote:
can i ask 1 more questionÉ what kind of music do you typically listen to...

Sure. Smile It's actually everything possible. D'n'B, Easy Listening, Heavy Metal, Classical and so on. It's not like there is good or bad music styles. It's just music, that can be good or bad.

Just two words more. Smile It was not like "1 to 6 for semi-pro musicians". "1" means thar for me it's equally good to for example "Walking Away" by Craig David (this one is probably the nearest one to the style of "Can I" by Elijah Lucian Smile). If "Craig David" should stay in the mp3-IDs, the review would be the same. I just want to say, that if album should fail commercially (I really hope this will not be the case), songs quality will not be to blame here.

Personally I prefer CDs. In Germany the price that I would be ready to pay for this album is something in range 14-15 euro. Buying this CD from Canada in Internet - 14-15 euro + shipment costs, but only if the complete price is under 20 euro. If complete price should be under 15 euro, I would buy without any doubts. Smile PayPal is always a nice to have payment method because it's always good to be sure that the only money you can lose buying something from some unknown internet shop is the money you approve by pressing the PayPal "Pay" button. Wink

Good luck man, this album really deserves it! Applause
Nine
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07 2007 12:29    

Quote:
"Life will take you from 'A' to 'B', What takes you to 'C'? Its music for me. These are my methods of displacement.

This album is my work of discovery. Experimentation is what brings me to my point 'C' in life. Genres are borders that need not be there, and if somebody wants to bring something from france to england or mexico to canada, I say 'let them'. Music is the same way. There is no higher state music, music is an expression of self and should be seen as that no matter what genre it is."

Yes that sums up pretty much. That's actually the part I really love about this album, it's not casual and asks something of the listener; to actually listen. With you music this actually happens, unfortunately the lyrics don't really speak to me since it seems like some basic stuff to me. 'You' 'Me' 'We' etc.
But it rhymes nicely, so it doesn't bother me, but it's nothing to flashy to me (I'm a listener from The Doors and Radiohead, and they are very lyrically). So maybe that's an attention point for your bluesy/jazz album, which i'm very curious about Wink

My charts (from scale 1-10, 1 is bad, 10 is good):

1. 6 (not my cup of tea, happy though)
2. 6 (same as above, a song for girls)
3. 7 (nice beat, musically very good and mysterious, the voice of the woman is also nice)
4. 7 (very experimental, minimal would be nicer maybe too much sound)
5. 7 (very dancy and experimental)
6. 6 (same as above)
7. 7 (same as above, more funky though)
8. 7 (a bit too hard, but very disco shit)
9. 6 (not my cup)
10. 7 (experimental, very nice)
11. 8 (one of the best, experimental, haunting tune)
12. 8 (nice building in the song)
13. 8 (my favorite, very slow and jazzy, i like the guitar)
14. 7 (very oldskool, i like the melodies in this one, better then original)

Overall grade: 7

http://www.myspace.com/louiscoerl
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07 2007 22:38    

I'm gonna have my own scale just like anybody else. It goes from "meh" to "love it". I'm judging this in a drunken state. Suprise?

1 love it. I got some raspy Paul McCartney vibes from your voice in this one

2 cheesy, and i heard it too much

3 love it

4 average, heavy on lyrics, but i'm a melody man so not my stuff. those long song tend to get dreary on me.

5 Meh

6 I want to get hooked but the song doesn't go it quite for me

7 you're one horny motherfucker you know that right? i'm a fucking sheep compared to your wicked game. respect, but **** me?!?!

8 i like the start... but the song seems to fail to deliver the groove I was hoping for... like... wicked synth leads

9 oh my lord... i loved rakeems version of this. this, the... um..... original, is weird compared. what a whacky feeling to hear this´after listening to his version. good thing its in here at the end...

10 Nananaaaa. Change! Oasis with a computer would produce this.

11 ahh... the never-ending search for approval... and when you don't finally need it or care - that's when you get it. good luck my friend, we're all in the same boat, let the compassion be your compass

12 ehh.. what.. either i'm getting too drunk or this is something to listen to when i'm stoned. guess i don't understand.

13 is this rap? is this smoking around a pool table? no. it's about releasing your desires. well, imposing your beliefs on others will almost never work either, if they're not open for changework. i enjoy this stuff anyway. i have these kind of talks with myself ALL_THE_TIME anyway. Now with music! yay!

So well... It's actually the first album I've listen to from one of our loved madtracker pals... no wait, K-motiv had some shit goin' on too but he's lightweight compared. I have big plans for you Eli (I'm god, just wait and watch) and this could very well start you off on a nice career. Some hurdles are left but hey - it's more focused than my producing has ever been, and persistence is key in any endeavor.

Good fucking luck, set you free, live life to the max
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
elijahlucian
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08 2007 01:52    

ahhh. a drunken review. lol thats great, magnus, nine thanks for the review. its interesting to see what songs people like and why, but i think a 1-3 scale wouldve worked for you Razz with a 2 rating. Very Happy ill let you know when the more acoustically driven album comes out. to be honest, these are the best lyrics i could do at the moment, im pretty new at lyrical stuff, and im getting more practice. the I,you,me stuff is a common disease among new writers. ah well. practice eh?

but can you tell me some of your favorite lyrical songs? i personally love the doors as well. i just cant seem to get drugged out enough to write about wierd shit like that. mostly becasue i dont do drugs. haha. maybe thats my problem.... hmmmm Very Happy

i enjoy the fact that different people like different songs from this album... naaah mean???
Breaker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15 2007 09:30    

Nice man, some are on my MP3 player..

I really like the sound of your voice.. Keep singing!..
If i could give you a few overal tips;

1) really work your structure. In some songs it feels like it's going nowhere because you add and delete everything so fast.

2) Higher drum samples would def improve your music

Like to see more!
elijahlucian
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15 2007 16:27    

Breaker wrote:
Nice man, some are on my MP3 player..

I really like the sound of your voice.. Keep singing!..
If i could give you a few overal tips;

1) really work your structure. In some songs it feels like it's going nowhere because you add and delete everything so fast.

2) Higher drum samples would def improve your music

Like to see more!

nice man. thanks for the review. im def trying on getting higher drum samples. and on my next album i plan to have real drums in most of the songs. as well as some loops to still keep that flavour.
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20 2007 00:19    

Downloading it!

Gonna put it on my car mp3 and check the songs!

Review will be done then Smile.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour