Forum
Help and support
 need help with sample envelopes
Reply to topic Post new topic  
MM
User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09 2007 20:38    
need help with sample envelopes

I also use MT for making XMs. but I often don't know how to realise drum samples with white noises. getting good snares is my problem. sometimes I sample them from electricdrum.gb or Clicker. but sometimes this samples don't fit the concept and a simple white noise would sound better. but the only thing I get is a stupid "ssssh" if you know what I mean. maybe you have ideas and advices for me to get a good snare from a white noise Smile

Infos, music and more @ mm.blogsport.de
>>VISIT BINÄRPILOT!!<<
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BeatMax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23 2007 09:55    

There is a pretty good VST-Plugin available. DRUMATIC 3. It creates some nice synthetic drums. It creates a snare similar to the following description:

To get a similar sound you could try to mix a tom with a whitenoise that quickly fades out (short release phase). You need to experiment here a bit. If the release phase is too long you will hear too much noise. You could also try a kick drum pitched higher with some white noise. You could maybe try to filter the white noise through a low pass filter to get a less sharp sound. Maybe that helps Smile.

Hope I could give you an idea of how it could work. This is just a pretty basic snare. For better sound you should try to sample a real snare.

BMX

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour