Forum
Help and support
 need help getting my M-audio to work on MadTracker 2
Reply to topic Post new topic  
DJ Kathera
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05 2008 13:51    
need help getting my M-audio to work on MadTracker 2

hello, I am trying to figure out how to get Madtracker to work with my M-Audio KeyStation 49e midi controller that I just got yesterday and I can't seem to get it to work, so if anyone can help me I would be most happy ^^.
View user's journal Send private message
DJ Kathera
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07 2008 01:16    

ok seriously, is anyone going to help or just lurk, not to be rude or anything, but I do have a thing about asking for help on a forum and having a bunch of views and no replies, because it means that either I am just getting search engine bots, or people are just lurking, and I don't like that when I am asking for support or help of any kind, so if you have an answer of any kind even if its just an I don't know, it would at least mean people are not ignoring my request for help.
Amok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07 2008 08:01    

Sorry, i dont know...

http://www.andreasjanke.net
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07 2008 08:31    

Hey Kathera,

what exactly is not working? Have you installed m-audio's drives yet? What OS do you use? Be a bit more specific and I'll see what I can do.

Walter

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chaostar
User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09 2008 10:55    

Open MadTracker, go to the configuration window and from the MIDI tab choose your midi input! It should say "In USB Keystation" if you have connected it via usb or if you have used midi connection with your soundcard choose the option "-your soundcard- MIDI" If neither of these options apear then you might not installed the drivers correctly

hope I helped Smile
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lord_Nighthawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 2008 08:29    

sorry for regrabbing this older topic, but i actually bought an m-audio axiom 49 and have some questions you could probably help me on.

the keyboard basically works fine, but i have no idea how to or if it even is possible to make all the knobs or switches work with the main vstiīs i own. what i mean in short is: is it possible to make the modulation/pitchbend wheel for example work within the vstiīs i loaded in madtracker and if yes - how?
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 2008 08:32    

Lord_Nighthawk wrote:
sorry for regrabbing this older topic, but i actually bought an m-audio axiom 49 and have some questions you could probably help me on.

the keyboard basically works fine, but i have no idea how to or if it even is possible to make all the knobs or switches work with the main vstiīs i own. what i mean in short is: is it possible to make the modulation/pitchbend wheel for example work within the vstiīs i loaded in madtracker and if yes - how?

No it is not Sad

You could start asking yourself what do I really need MT2 for? Maybe you can program beats in MT2 and do synthy stuff in something that you can rewire with. Most sequenser will support the knobs, switches and other twiddly bits.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
Lord_Nighthawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 2008 11:18    

this is really driving me sad a bit Sad

i have to admit that i start to recognize that (as i get deeper and deeper into producing) i more and more often hit the edges mt2 still can do. my only problem is that i used to work with trackers since 1990, and i really enjoy and prefer the style they work like instead of the modern sequencers. so... :cough: ... maybe itīs not allowed to ask this question, but would it in my case be more sinful to move over to something like renoise (to keep the tracker style) or make the unwished step to a sequencer (like fl, cubase is definatly too expensive for me)?
D Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17 2008 14:06    

Lord_Nighthawk wrote:

i have to admit that i start to recognize that (as i get deeper and deeper into producing) i more and more often hit the edges mt2 still can do. my only problem is that i used to work with trackers since 1990, and i really enjoy and prefer the style they work like instead of the modern sequencers. so... :cough: ... maybe itīs not allowed to ask this question, but would it in my case be more sinful to move over to something like renoise (to keep the tracker style) or make the unwished step to a sequencer (like fl, cubase is definatly too expensive for me)?

Before changing software, make sure that the requested functions (like being able to read midi sysex commands et.c.) really works in that software..

If you just stay to tracking and using VST/VSTi Madtracker, I believe that both sound vise and function vise it works as good as Renoise, or even better..

Edit: Oops! I meant Renoise, not Rewire Very Happy

Last edited by D Vibe on Mon Jul 21 2008 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18 2008 15:17    

Lord_Nighthawk wrote:

There's a free/open source sequencer out there (I just forgot the name, something like raptor or something?) that you could with madtracker/rewire. I don't know anything about renoise.

Edit: found it, it's Reaper.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
Lord_Nighthawk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20 2008 10:05    

well...

i found my personal solution after trying out the hosts you wrote, fruity loops and ableton live....

the winner is fruity (already ordered) and madtracker via asio on a second machine as mostly a drum host. i hope this works as i actually think Confused
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21 2008 18:22    

Lord_Nighthawk wrote:
well...

i found my personal solution after trying out the hosts you wrote, fruity loops and ableton live....

the winner is fruity (already ordered) and madtracker via asio on a second machine as mostly a drum host. i hope this works as i actually think Confused

I suppose you tried fruity as an evaluation version? How is it? I remember it from the days when it was, well, fruity Wink.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
Lord_Nighthawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21 2008 18:43    

fruity is available as a full working funktional demo. only things that dont work is export to wave and saving the project.

well, the style is a bit...strange at the first moment (i first thought itīs an arcade game Very Happy ).and for an old tracker pet like me itīs a big transition from quick entering a command into the tracker...fruity instead is a drop-down-menue orgy Razz

but i had a talk to a producer friend of me and he said that fruity has grown up a lot and is not just a toy anymore. sound quality is nice, and as bigger (and more expensive) the version gets as more tools you have already onboard for quick producing.

i hope this is not valued as advertising :E
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21 2008 22:06    

Oops! I meant Renoise, not Rewire ofcourse! Very Happy I've edited the message.. Smile
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour