Forum - Saving loops to .wav files?
 Forum
Help and support
 Saving loops to .wav files?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
JayBaller10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04 2008 14:26    
Saving loops to .wav files?

Im having trouble saving a loop to a .wav file. Once I set the loop, I hit the little save icon, but if I open up the .wav file again, the loop is "No Loop" once again. I've tried saving the .wav file in the loop window as well as the instrument window. I know it can be done somehow, because I open up .wav files that come with loops. What am I missing here? Thanks
View user's journal Send private message
Vincent.V.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11 2008 21:03    
Re: Saving loops to .wav files?

JayBaller10 wrote:
Im having trouble saving a loop to a .wav file. Once I set the loop, I hit the little save icon, but if I open up the .wav file again, the loop is "No Loop" once again. I've tried saving the .wav file in the loop window as well as the instrument window. I know it can be done somehow, because I open up .wav files that come with loops. What am I missing here? Thanks

I don't think that loop informations will be stored along with a wave file anyway. IMHO That's because a wave will only store the sondinformation, but not what you are telling a programm to do with it, as long as you don't change the wave itself.

I can remember that the amiga stores lopp informations along with a sample. but i think that's a feature of the IFF - format.

But the loop information will be stored when saving the song.
so if you create a song, using sample-loops. the loop will also be stored when saving the song, but not by saving the sample itself.

so as far as i could say, there are only three possibilities you could try.

1. create your loop, implement in in one track, create a one-track-song with it and use MT's wave-export feature.
so you are going to have one long sample containing your loops.

but this will take a lot space, so maybe you better choose a good sample editor (wavelab/audacity) to create your loop via copy and paste.

2. play the sample every time, once you want it to play

3. I think MT as able to work with IFF files. so if you have an amiga, you could create your sample with this one and save it as iff-sample.
I'm not sure but maybe it could work

i hate signatures Wink
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11 2008 22:08    
Re: Saving loops to .wav files?

JayBaller10 wrote:

You gotta save that as an .mti (Madtracker instrument).
That keeps the wav file, the loop and any other settings u did on it.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JayBaller10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12 2008 23:29    

Hey I appreciate the help guys, will try that Chief.
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour