Forum
General discussion
 midi piano help
Reply to topic Post new topic  
darkArcz
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20 2008 20:37    
midi piano help

hi i just started with this a while ago and i was wondering how 2 connect my midi piano 2 my pc and work it with madtracker2

any help with it would really help me out thank u =p
View user's journal Send private message
Axlzero451
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21 2008 04:15    

Sigh...

SX001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18 2008 06:16    
Re: midi piano help

darkArcz wrote:
hi i just started with this a while ago and i was wondering how 2 connect my midi piano 2 my pc and work it with madtracker2

any help with it would really help me out thank u =p

well the beginning perhaps is the hardest part.

but ok, connect it together, there is somewhere a configuration window (which you can open with CTRL-F ) there is one MIDI tab... choose the midi controller, select it as for input... apply ok so it remembers the changes. close. open again to check if you saved it correctly so it remembers Very Happy

so... add instrument, choose the instrument which you want to use with midi piano so try to press some midi piano key.. does the sound appears? ok.. well right click on the tracks you put to record the note data... PRESS ALSO RECORD BUTTON and PLAY... and just play notes, voila, it works...

HINTS: try differences what means actually and what influence
are having these ones in configuration window somewhere besides other options...
* multichannel edit
* keyjazz

and what influences has this "record velocity" and "record note off messages" in MIDI configuration tab (under CTRL-F).

never give up. I learned my first tracker software aprox half year just becouse being lazy. Smile later I learned it another year and with MT2 I discovered other problems and workarounds, I'm just using this tracker too as MIDI machine Smile but very parallel with FASTTRACKER 2 now... (HINT! requires DOS, but it has much better MIDI support).

feel free to ask.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour