MadTracker.org
Forum - First time poster needs a little VSTi help...
 Forum
Help and support
 First time poster needs a little VSTi help...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Bipolar Joe
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 2008 19:07    
First time poster needs a little VSTi help...

Well, I'm having a wee bit of trouble with a VSTi.

Basically, I have two one instrument loaded with four samples in it, and one VSTi, in that order. When I go to play the track, the VSTi plays in place of the second sample in the first instrument. I've looked all around the program and the help on here, but can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Smile .
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 2008 20:59    

I`m not sure I understood you question correctly, but it sounds like you need to assign the VSTi to a different channel. You can do so from the VST screen. I think it is set to Channel 1 (or is it 0) by default.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Bipolar Joe
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 2008 21:27    

Ah, there you go! Thanks so much, that was pissing me off. I haven't used MadTracker in a good while, and I just couldn't figure out what the Hell was wrong.

Thanks again Smile .
Bipolar Joe
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08 2008 22:20    

OK, no it's doing it again. I've made sure it's on a different channel from the drum kit, but it's still doing the problem.

here's the file. It has the VSTi in it, and all the drum samples are from MT itself. If anyone has any idea, I'd very grateful.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2008 16:08    

ok, I see what the problem is. You have entered notes from two different instruments on the same channel (Channel 1). This is a method that was often used in the old days when channels were limited to 4 (amiga) or 3 (c64) - there is no need for that nowadays. Use one channel per instrument.

So - move all of the notes that has been made with the VSTi (instrument 2) to a separate channel (You have already named channel 3 "VSTi" so use that one) and see if that dosen`t fix your problem.

Keeping atleast one channel per instrument is a good idea also in regards to mixing, and keeping overall track of your track.

Smile

Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2008 16:21    

Hi,

I see a different problem in your track as well. Yo have tried to make a multisample instrument, but it doesnt seem like you have assigned each sample to a key corretly - its easier to make one instrument per sample to begin with. Good effort though Smile

Bipolar Joe
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2008 18:24    

I got it Smile . I'd forgotten to assign the samples to keys. Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour