Forum
Help and support
 Not all notes make a sound when pressing a chord
Reply to topic Post new topic  
XY
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14 2008 16:38    
Not all notes make a sound when pressing a chord

When I press a chord on my keyboard, typically some notes aren't heard at all, though sometimes they are. I thought it might be related to the issue about delay, but playing around with the buffer size doesn't help.

What could be wrong and what should I do?

Last edited by XY on Tue Sep 16 2008 11:10; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16 2008 09:17    

When you say "keyboard", are we talking a computer keyboard or a musical keyboard?

If it's a computer keyboard, then it's more of a computer limitation - normal, unfortunately. I'm not too savvy on the technical details, but the general idea is that some key combinations just conflict with each other.

If it's a musical keyboard, then.. No idea what's up there. :I

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16 2008 10:33    

hi,

I`m not experienced in using a midikeyboard with MT - but there are two things that spring to mind:

1. Did you assign several channels to route playback from, if only one channel is assigned (rightclick channel in osiciloscope window) that might be what is stopping you

2 I dont think all VST support simultanous notes - so try using a different VSTi to eliminate that as the source of your problem.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
XY
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16 2008 11:09    

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:
When you say "keyboard", are we talking a computer keyboard or a musical keyboard?

The computer keyboard (just got the tracker).

Quote:

If it's a computer keyboard, then it's more of a computer limitation - normal, unfortunately. I'm not too savvy on the technical details, but the general idea is that some key combinations just conflict with each other.

I see. That's really helpful knowing, guess I should consider buying a midi ASAP.

Martin, I'm going to check up on those things.
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30 2008 01:27    

What keyboard brand/model are you using? Yes, as Lollie pointed out, some PC keyboards, especially the internet-type keyboards with those fancy extra internet, email, audio, sleepmode buttons use circuitry that keeps a few certain keybutton combinations to not work. Basically it will just stutter and beep at you if you hit these certain keys simultaneously. If that's the kind of keyboard you have, you might want to swap it with the older standard 101 keyboards, i.e. without the special internet stuff, as they will work better with different/more key combo's.

Edit: And yes of course, a MIDI piano keyboard will be even better for MT2/MIDI and overall music making.

~techie
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
XY
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30 2008 04:15    

It's a Microsoft Natural, so I guess it qualifies as a internet-type keyboard (it has internet buttons).

However, I have bought a MIDI keyboard now, a CME M-KEY (about the cheapest MIDI I could find, but I'm happy with it) that's working. What a difference.
OneUp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02 2008 19:08    

I think this problem has a very easy solution... Do you have the Key Jazz option on? It's either in the Configuration menu, or you could check the little box at the top of MT2 that says KJ.

I had this problem too before I figured out what all the options do.
XY
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06 2008 18:28    

Actually the KJ-box is checked all the time. But I'm still happy as it works fine with the midi-keyboard.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour