Forum - Help me name my new tune?
 Forum
Music talk
 Help me name my new tune?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
richardwild

PostPosted: Thu May 14 2009 00:01    
Help me name my new tune?

The thing I suck at most of all is thinking of names for songs! This is my second attempt at composing with MadTracker. I discovered the VSTi plugins - wow! Synths are better than samples in so many ways.

The tune could be desribed as trance, maybe, but it's a bit bouncier than usual for that genre, and perhaps a bit quicker too at 150bpm. It was slower in the beginning, but as it took shape I really felt it needed to be a bit up tempo.

The file is Ogg Vorbis as there were annoying artifacts when I encoded it to mp3. Sorry about that. Windows Media Player won't play it, but Winamp will.

Thanks for listening, and hope you like it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard-wild/music/tune2.ogg
View user's journal Send private message
richardwild

PostPosted: Thu May 14 2009 00:03    
P.S.

If you don't have Winamp already, I heartily recommend giving it a try. It knocks WMP into a cocked hat! And I have no connection whatsoever to the makers of Winamp. Smile
richardwild

PostPosted: Thu May 14 2009 00:08    
P.P.S.

Simplest thing of all is probably to share the MT2 file...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard-wild/music/tune2.mt2

Wink
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Fri May 15 2009 22:46    
Maybe call it 'Celebrety deathmatch Kickdrum vs hihats'

I know what you mean, i usually give names to my tunes, from the state of mind which I am in at the moment, or the reason I was inspired Example, My tune here at madtracker is called messin with the cirquits, because i was inspired by Pixelh8's weird and cool Cirquit bending. But the title Diastole from my CPU actually came from searching for a word. I wanted to write something with the dialation of the pupil of the eye, but found the word 'diastole' which means the movement of the heart when beating, so i thought the beat was very punchy and like my pc's cpu was pounding along as it does when using some VST'e, so i thougth my music's affection on the computer. And so therefore the title. So my point here is that you could write something out of the blue like 'Heavy punchy bad bones' or be creative, never the less when the song has got a name then It's difficult to change it unless no one knows it, or else you have some explaining to do.
richardwild

PostPosted: Sat May 16 2009 16:24    

You're right, a tune's name tends to stick once it's given. I thought yesterday about calling it "Logarhythms," but I find it hard to imagine that such a name hasn't been used many times before. Thanks!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour