Help and support
 Open Topic: How to apply Glissando effect to VSTi
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Sternenfaenger77
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31 2009 21:28    
Open Topic: How to apply Glissando effect to VSTi

Hi,

I have a VST instrument on track 0 and I'd like to apply an Glissando effect. This works well with mad tracker native instruments (sample based) but seems not to work with VST instruments.

I noticed I could produce the effect manually when pressing the next key after the previous one with no gap (no time when no key is pressed) in between but when I record it this information is lost.

Does anybody have an idea or is it probably not possible to do with mad tracker?

I'm a newbee concerning mad tracker but I used to compose a lot FT2 songs back in the 90s.

regards,
marK

---

Ok I guess there is no generic answer or at least nobody here is aware of one.
In detail my problem is I have a VST instrument which uses samples to create sounds but also has several effects. I found that it must be possible to control the offset of where the sample starts. I know if it were a native instrument one could realize this via the effects. I dont know so much about VSTi's but aren't there MIDI commands which you can use to get better control over the instruments?
If somebody wants to know I'm talking about "zero-g The Instrument of Trance" but this is only an example.

Back to the effect applying issue:
One should add to the wiki that the named effects can only be applied to native madtracker/fast tracker instruments, they dont effect VST instruments.

BTW: I also noticed that the help file of mad tracker is missing something important:
There is no description of the track view which is probably the most important part.
Ok I know it is pretty clear for those who are experienced with the old trackers that the track view is made of one to multiple tracks each consisting of the following columns
- note
- octave
- instrument id number
- volume
- pan
- effect id + amount
- extended effect id + amount

ok maybe you name it differently but I could not find the information in this way in the help file (or I was too blind to find it)...

Regards,
Mark
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01 2009 20:34    
Using VST instrument effect row

Hi Mark,

Have a look at this page for further information:

http://www.madtracker.org/documents/vst.xml?page=7

Smile

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sternenfaenger77
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09 2009 20:26    
Re: Using VST instrument effect row

Martin wrote:
Hi Mark,
Have a look at this page for further information:
http://www.madtracker.org/documents/vst.xml?page=7
Smile

Thank you Martin.
I will check it out more closely now.

On the first view I just didnt find how to achieve the effect that a new note is played but there is no touch or hit on the key. Of cause one can only notice that if you have an instrument which has a development in its tunes.

I will try to upload an example and link it here to show what I mean.
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour