MadTracker.org
Forum - what do you think about record companies...
 Forum
Music talk
 what do you think about record companies...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06 2003 00:36    
what do you think about record companies...

...giving out so called Limited edition sets after they've released the actual album?
I just noticed that there's a 3 CD limited edition set of Nick Warren 'Reykjavik' [GU024] and some limited collectors box of Deep Dish 'Toronto' [GU025] available. Now, they weren't available about 3 months ago when I bought both of these albums. Sad

Personally, I think this kind of behaviour sucks big time. Mad The limited editions should be the first ones that come out, so people who support the new stuff right from the beginning get all the extra stuff also. I think it's disrespectfull towards the end-user who wants to support his/her favourite artist/label by getting their new albums right away, instead of waiting three months to get the limited editions. Do they really think everyone who's bought the album will go out and buy the limited edition just to get those two extra songs they put on there, or that extra videomaterial? Of course, there are those that will do just that, but most won't bother. Especially in todays world of fast internet connections... And record companies wonder why people don't buy the albums Rolling Eyes
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06 2003 11:02    

I think I can sum it up by saying that most record companies are composed of narrow-minded rich bastards who think only about making their pockets heavier.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08 2003 07:52    

Here here! Dancing

You forgot to mention that they're lazy too, though Rolling Eyes
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08 2003 12:37    

What comes around goes around, or in swedish; Den som gräver en grop för andra faller ofta i själv..

That is, there is no bright future for the big record companies, if they don't change their policies, which is barely as Yan said, make money!

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour