MadTracker.org
Forum - use a real synthesizer with madtracker ?
 Forum
Help and support
 use a real synthesizer with madtracker ?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
drev
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30 2010 21:43    
use a real synthesizer with madtracker ?

Hi !

Is it possible to use a real synthesizer to make tracks with mad tracker instead of using the keyboard ?

If yes, is there a specific syth/pc interface, or just plain old usb ? thanks.
View user's journal Send private message
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31 2010 12:19    
Yes you can.

Yes it is very much possible to use a real synth in MT2, if you have a newer synth such as the Virus TI or another model with usb, you can use that and the vst patch that comes with it or if the usb works as a midi out. If it is an older synth with midi in and out you will need a soundcard with a midi in and out connection to send signals from madtracker to the synth, then the midi cable should be in midi out on the soundcard and the midi in on the synth. There should be ways to tweak the synths filters and such by cc codes but I am not so familiar with them yet but i am going to attempt it with my roland jp8000 later. In madtracker just chose in the midi settings the output that matches your soundcard or usb midi out. that should do the trick, with virus it should be the virus vst in the vst folder, you can locate the vst and scan for new vst's and it should appear right after. good luck with the tracking, mind that there can be some latency that can be adjusted in madtracker.
drev
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01 2010 10:10    

okey thanks !
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour