Announcements
 MadTracker 2.5 - New horizons
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 11:41    

TOffe wrote:
but I think you are gonna like it, and I must say that I think the way you work with vsti's in madtracker is alot more flexible and easy than in ex: renoise, so to learn shouldn't be such a big task.

A tutorial has been written already Smile And it *really* works very easy. Most intuitive usage of VST I saw so far.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 12:13    

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

*standing ovation for Yannick please*

(damn you redirected many times in April fools before I got here Very Happy)
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 14:04    

HOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

'k? Cool

Last edited by InHousePussy on Fri Apr 02 2004 03:47; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message
Elijah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 15:54    

good shit... thatnx for the joke... i havent been taken in a while.. even though i KINDA saw it coming, i was still hoping. anywhoo .. i think vst implementation will be a good implementation because now we can use more effects Very Happy

*cough* more reverb *cough*

j/k ihp Razz

:edit:

OHHHH

if 'hypothetically' this comes out before may 1 can we use in compo or no?....

actually probably not... some people are already done i guess.

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 16:00    

Nope, VST plugins won't be allowed in the compo. Anyway, making a track in a couple of weeks only is not realistic. Smile

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
XnmE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 17:27    

blah , blah, i dont belive Smile Yan is just kiddin. Smile

Yannick, give us place for more than 256 samples instead an IRC client Smile

place for 512 samples!
place for 512 samples!
place for 512 samples!
place for 512 samples!

Smile

anyway... we need 512 sample slots Smile

i know, i know, you just cant do it, just tell it Wink

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
realisation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 21:29    

you had be going for a second..

vst in madtracker 2.. Shocked

really? after 1,2,3,..i dont know how many years..

6 years!! and NOW you tell us you can do VST!

i've just kinda gotten used to not having VSTi's so this comes as a shock as it takes SO LONG to write music in any other software, i dont like messing around drawing squares on the screen with my mouse to write music, or hitting PLAY and farting around with a midi keyboard clicking quantize etc..

i only hope this does not come too late for your community!

PS can we have midi out too? Wink
View user's journal Send private message
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 21:37    

realisation wrote:
i've just kinda gotten used to not having VSTi's so this comes as a shock as it takes SO LONG to write music in any other software, i dont like messing around drawing squares on the screen with my mouse to write music, or hitting PLAY and farting around with a midi keyboard clicking quantize etc..

If you like trackers, then you'll love the way VST support is implemented in MadTracker. It comes as close as possible to working with harddisk based samples, without giving up specific VST instrument advantages. Furthermore, VST effects work like using track effects, but then far more versatile due to the nature of VST plugins. Just wait & see Smile

[gonna try to persuade Yannick to post screenshots this week Mr. Green]

SnowAngel
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 22:39    

Could someone please brief me on VST ? And don't laugh at me... Confused I've just never come across the term in such an environment that I would have spent an extra second to get acquinted with it. Surprised Not even during the 15 years of tracking...
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 22:43    

Wikipedia rules!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VST

As a summary: VST plugins offer both software synthesizers as effects. Forget about .wav files and track effects; VST is here! Very Happy

Just imagine a studio that is only limited by your cpu concerning its size and exact way of filling with hardware.

Inge

TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01 2004 22:47    

SnowAngel wrote:
Could someone please brief me on VST ? And don't laugh at me... Confused I've just never come across the term in such an environment that I would have spent an extra second to get acquinted with it. Surprised Not even during the 15 years of tracking...

very easy said it's like a software version of a synth or effect you can buy in hardware. It works the same way with sliders and knobs but it's all done in your computer and not on a hardware synth or effect box used infront of your computer. More specific information is really easy to findon the web, just search for "what is VST" on google or something.

edited:
damn, you are fast Inge Smile or maybe it's me who is really slow on typing, took me more than 4 minutes to write that Mr. Green

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BeatMax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02 2004 03:31    

Those are great news! Fine then I can use SIR for effects Smile SIR is a convolution plugin with very less cpu usage gives you alot of reverb functions Wink) Triangle2 is a great monosynt too Wink.

Thanks Yannick!

BMX

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
zood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02 2004 07:22    

ok, how much these improvements will require more power from the computer?
I know my 300mhz amdk62 with 128mb ram is so 1999 and i will proably have problems with the new features(?).

I will build a completely new one when my moneysaving project is done, but so far do i have any change to update to new madtracker and get it working, i know that with renoise i just lost my patience in about 30minutes. Could it have somekind of freeze function to freeze the vst effects so you could save your resources, after all i can export all to wav after i'm done.
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02 2004 08:22    

zood, the general CPU usage of MadTracker 2.5 has been greatly optimized compared to versions since 2.2.
And there is no internal overhead in the use of VST plugins. I mean that it won't consume more CPU than the plugin would require normally. (As opposed to Renoise, since you mentioned it. Mr. Green)

Yannick
MC Project

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02 2004 13:29    
This thread...

Well, I don't know if this is a joke, cuz Yannick has made an awkward decision in my opinion. Whatever the situation is, I want to post some suggestions for MT 2 dot whatever or MT3.

More precision in the instrument window for the pitch. I don't know if I am asking to much already, but this is what I think would be usefull for trackers. More important is that it is annoying to slide the line of the pitch to what amount you exactly want. What I mean is that you maybe could put some buttons along to reach the last bits to make your loops loop optimal. If you are saying that I should adjust the speed of my mouse, I will ask you to please make the sliding thing less sensitive

The place where you can load your samples? How is that black window called? Anyway, my request was, if you could kill the hotkeys on the right block on the keyboard and instead make it possible to jump from row to row instead, cuz some people load a hell lot of samples and need to drag the dragbar and then click the instrument they want, which I find very annoying, since MT has hotkeys for everything and trackers usually have both hands on the keyboard (I think)....Could you also make it possible to jump from that window to the track again? If these are already possible and oversaw them, could you tell me the hotkeys :S? Madtracker is made to be easy right?

Third request is...Could you make it possible to put multiple commands on one line? For example, I want to use 360 with 9A6 I can't :S

Another request. This one is for the sample window. Could you make Undo buttons for at least the last change you make? Sometimes I cut the loops at the wrong place and I already moved the selection line. Sometimes I cut them wrong multiple times, but the thing is that it would be nice if you could make one to ease the pain of loading that sample again Smile

That is all for now, I don't have all the time in the world at this moment. These things I mentioned are just the practical ones and they are not of great importance, but to make tracking easier. I had more in mind, but I'll save that for the next time. I wanna hear if these simple things could be done first. Thanx....

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 8 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next