Music talk
 My Madtracker Songs
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2004 08:39    
My Madtracker Songs

[edit by Inge: changed the download location of its music. direct downloading is now possible]

Hello Everybody,

This is my first post. I have been coming here for a few years and have been in "lurk mode." Very Happy

First let me start off by thanking Yannick for creating Madtracker...I use it everyday and have been for quite some time. It does everything that I need it to do and often times..much more.

If you want to check out some songs that I have made with Madtracker go to http://quinone.madtracker.net/davidswain/index.htm

information about me is available at: http://davidswainmusic.freeservers.com

Any feedback positive or negative is more than welcome. Any ideas as to how I can improve the songs is not only welcomed but wanted. I like this forum, so I will probably start posting more often.

Peace

Last edited by David Swain on Wed Apr 14 2004 20:36; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2004 09:22    

*bumps until he drops*

You gotta listen this mans music. Trust me Smile Especially check out Chello, Chicago, Copycat, Enter The Light,

[...]

Er. I think I almost dig al his work. Go downloading! Your isp will love you for doing so!

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2004 10:00    

I don't like soundclick (meaning I have to create an account first). So only downloaded A Space Rock I found in a tin can from the other site (the others didn't work) and I must say it sounds pretty good.

I assume you recorded the guitar parts. Everything else is done with madtracker?

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2004 11:01    

w0000000000000000000000t!

Dutch biggest Weblog Retecool.com has posted David Swain's music on its frontpage (after some, er, pushing of the main author of the site to David's music by, er, someone Rolling Eyes)! This is both great news for David as for MadTracker.

w00000000000000000000000t!

Inge

David Swain
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14 2004 20:39    

Yep, I recorded all the guitar parts and did everything else with Madtracker.

Once I get a good singer, I am going to go back and update some of the songs...so it is not so "movie music" sounding. But I do this for the fun of recording, as it is my favorite thing to do. If people actually like it, that just makes it all the better. Laughing
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2004 04:20    

Curious... what kind of singing parts?

~techie
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2004 04:32    

technoid wrote:
Curious... what kind of singing parts?

I'm not really sure...whatever fits the songs. I hope to form an actual band eventually and start playing out again. My 1st year at med-school ends in about 2-3 weeks and then I am going to do some serious "band shopping." Right now I just do not have the time to invest into a band..but this summer I will have plenty of time.

Do you have any recommendations for the singing parts?
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2004 05:01    

Quote:
Do you have any recommendations for the singing parts?
Well, I haven't checked out your music yet, but will right after I post this. I presume this is the music you need vocals on. Do you have lyrics to them?

~techie
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2004 06:06    

technoid wrote:
Well, I haven't checked out your music yet, but will right after I post this. I presume this is the music you need vocals on. Do you have lyrics to them?

Thanks for checking them out. In answer to your questions, yes, those are the songs that I would like to put vocals on and no, I do not have any lyrics.

I can write music all day....but I can't write lyrics to save my life. I attempted to write lyrics in my first band, back in high-school....and uhhh...they REALLY sucked!!! So, I am hoping to meet a very talented individual one day who can sing AND write lyrics...then I will be really happy.

Peace
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2004 06:20    

Ok, thanks for the info. I've listened to about half of your mp3's and they sound good. Cello and Chicago have that New Age guitar folk ethnicity that sounds somewhat like what Mars Lasar (www.marslasar.com) has done, such as in his Olympic National Park tribute CD.

As for the singing, the reason I asked is because I sing. Not enough exposure and experience yet, but I can hit them damn notes on key most of the time, heh. No, I'm not requesting to be your next singer, but would have loved to try out singing to your music IF they had lyrics. Anyway, I like to emulate alternative/prog rock vocal leads, such as Rob of Matchbox20 and JR of Dishwalla (JR has had 9 years of classical/operatic training). You might remember "Counting Blue Cars" from the mid 1990's.
Smile

~techie
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15 2004 09:00    

Holy Crap!! That retecool.com plug generated a lot of downloads yesterday. At my soundclick site alone, I got over 400 downloads...a far stretch from my usual 10 a day.

Thank you Inge for all of the great help you have recently supplied me with. I owe you big time!

(grinning ear to ear right now)

Peace
Laughing
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16 2004 14:52    

David Swain wrote:
Holy Crap!! That retecool.com plug generated a lot of downloads yesterday. At my soundclick site alone, I got over 400 downloads...a far stretch from my usual 10 a day.

Holland is small, but Retecool has a few thousands visitors per day. Don't underestimate the power of windmills and cheese Laughing

David Swain wrote:

Thank you Inge for all of the great help you have recently supplied me with. I owe you big time!

(grinning ear to ear right now)

Peace
Laughing

You don't owe me. Your music is just plain good. Period. Smile

Inge

David Swain
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 2004 06:55    
Remix anyone?

Hey Everybody,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in remixing/reworking or remastering some of my songs. There are so many talented people here that can do things musically that I could only dream of with Madtracker. It would be really cool to see what a lot of you could do with my music/samples and it would fun to collaborate with such a diverse group of musicians.

It could also be a new and fun experience for some of you because I use a lot of guitar stuff that I play and record myself (many of my songs have over 10 separate guitar tracks that are mixed together). I see all kinds of possibilities with combining guitar loops with Madtracker instruments/beats/etc.

If you are interested, either respond here or email me at: davidswainmusic2@yahoo.com and we will work out the details about getting you my MT files.

Peace,
David

ps: some of my mp3s are at: http://quinone.madtracker.net/davidswain/index.htm (thanks to Inge) if you want to get an idea of what you will be working with.
Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22 2004 18:31    

Ok, just now I listened to more of your music. I think it's great quality stuff. Very nice indeed...

As always I'm certainly interested in remixing only my skill level isn't very high (in fact, it's very low). But I hope to improve a bit over the summer Rolling Eyes

Don't forget to visit this community on a regular basis or I'll forget too Smile

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22 2004 21:42    

Blaster wrote:
Ok, just now I listened to more of your music. I think it's great quality stuff. Very nice indeed...

As always I'm certainly interested in remixing only my skill level isn't very high (in fact, it's very low). But I hope to improve a bit over the summer Rolling Eyes

Don't forget to visit this community on a regular basis or I'll forget too Smile

Thanks for the feedback. Check your inbox here for some info.

Peace,
David
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next