General discussion
 I don,t wanna work with VST
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
xenomorph disturbance
User

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 16:15    
I don,t wanna work with VST

If madtracker starts with VST i wont work with it anymore,i wanna make music and not puzzle with excisting sounds and create songs anybody can make........
I think with VST it isn,t making music,but just puzzling a track,if somebody takes the same vst,he makes the same track.And no exclusive songs will be made anymore,cause everybody makes the same (to digital sounds).If i wanted to do that i would use Magix........

From da F#@king Northside!!!
View user's journal Send private message
Powerdown

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 16:32    
Re: I don,t wanna work with VST

xenomorph disturbance wrote:
If madtracker starts with VST i wont work with it anymore,i wanna make music and not puzzle with excisting sounds and create songs anybody can make........
I think with VST it isn,t making music,but just puzzling a track,if somebody takes the same vst,he makes the same track.And no exclusive songs will be made anymore,cause everybody makes the same (to digital sounds).

Ehhhhhhhh Shocked

If somebody has the same samples as you, he can make the same track too. duhh

You don't have to work with all the VST's.

Where the sun blows, Hardcore goes.
So spoke the wise man.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
xenomorph disturbance
User

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 16:33    

Powerdown wrote:
I think with VST it isn,t making music,but just puzzling a track,if somebody takes the same vst,he makes the same track.And no exclusive songs will be made anymore,cause everybody makes the same (to digital sounds).

Ehhhhhhhh Shocked

Dacht het niet ik gebruik codes en dus moelijk na te maken,ik wil gewoon muziek maken en niet puzzelen........

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 16:35    

The thing you mention sounds more like 'fear for the unknown' than 'fear of reasonable danger'. Do you remember the first half of the 90's tracking scene? Especially back on the amiga, people tended to re-use the same old samples everytime. The thing was that people didn't have the money for expensive hardware to make their own samples, and thus recycled others that they found in other tracked songs.

Nowadays, everyone can make their own samples. Both standalone synths as vst instruments enable everyone to tweak existing presets or build new samples from scratch. Vsti's will make the range of songs far more broader than the current possibilities with Mt2.3, since the diversity of samples will increase, the creative impulses given by exciting new plugins will increase, and the range of possible activities with Mt 2.5 will increase.

Apart from that: there's no hidden option in mt 2.5 that says 'user *must* use vsti's to create a song'. There are still people who only use the xm mode in MadTracker, and there will also be people who will use only samples in the mt 2.3 fashion for productions. It's your choice. MadTracker 2.5 just expands possibilities, but does not force you to do so.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
xenomorph disturbance
User

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 16:58    

Inge wrote:
The thing you mention sounds more like 'fear for the unknown' than 'fear of reasonable danger'. Do you remember the first half of the 90's tracking scene? Especially back on the amiga, people tended to re-use the same old samples everytime. The thing was that people didn't have the money for expensive hardware to make their own samples, and thus recycled others that they found in other tracked songs.

Nowadays, everyone can make their own samples. Both standalone synths as vst instruments enable everyone to tweak existing presets or build new samples from scratch. Vsti's will make the range of songs far more broader than the current possibilities with Mt2.3, since the diversity of samples will increase, the creative impulses given by exciting new plugins will increase, and the range of possible activities with Mt 2.5 will increase.

Apart from that: there's no hidden option in mt 2.5 that says 'user *must* use vsti's to create a song'. There are still people who only use the xm mode in MadTracker, and there will also be people who will use only samples in the mt 2.3 fashion for productions. It's your choice. MadTracker 2.5 just expands possibilities, but does not force you to do so.

Inge
Ok i just won,t use it ,and it is not fear of the unknown..........i have used Cubase.
I also tried the stupid amature programm fruity loops,also with vst,and i just don,t like it..,..too easy....i wanna make music not puzzle with sounds.....

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 17:03    

Quote:
Dacht het niet ik gebruik codes en dus moelijk na te maken,ik wil gewoon muziek maken en niet puzzelen........

Using codes sounds more like puzzling to me than tweaking the interface of a Vsti with intuitive knobs and sliders. But still: the choice is yours Smile

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
xenomorph disturbance
User

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 17:06    

Inge wrote:
Quote:

Using codes sounds more like puzzling to me than tweaking the interface of a Vsti with intuitive knobs and sliders. But still: the choice is yours Smile

Inge
Wink

aRGee

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 17:19    

Powerdown wrote:

Ehhhhhhhh Shocked

Do you mean the effect codes?
I just want to make music to, but I already experienced the limitations of madtracker, wich makes it impossible to ījustī make the sounds iīm thinking of.

The vst-implementation only expands the possibilities, to create what I want.
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Sat May 15 2004 22:22    

I think with VST it isn,t making music,but just puzzling a track,if somebody takes the same vst,he makes the same track.And no exclusive songs will be made anymore,cause everybody makes the same (to digital sounds).If i wanted to do that i would use Magix........

Sound to me that you don't know what vst and vsti's are. A vst is just an effect (like the ones madtracker already has) and vsti's are similar to a multisampled instrument.

Don't see how that's making music for you. Vsti's (using your own presets) can be endlessly more difficult to reproduce than the tracker code effects. Experienced (pro) producers can easily recreate anything you throw at them.

Besides, calling FL studio (formerly known as Fruityloops) too easy is very naive. Madtracker is also an amateur program and Cubase is too. You can make music as easy if you want, but that has nothing to do with the program you're using. It's just a different way of working.

You're free to choose whatever you want, the choice is yours.

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xenomorph disturbance
User

PostPosted: Sun May 16 2004 13:35    
topic can be closed.....

Ok i know now the xm.mode will still be there,i will stay using that..........

end of line.

Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Sun May 16 2004 18:35    
Re: topic can be closed.....

Ok i know now the xm.mode will still be there,i will stay using that..........

end of line.

You know.... Just because the OPTION to use vst is there, it doesn't mean you absolutely have to use it.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sun May 16 2004 18:47    

You know, there are synths which is totally tweakable; like a hardware synth, which means; you can do your own sound.

Thus, you can use MT2.5 just like you used to use it, without any VST whatsovever.... Well, guess this was some kind of "echo"-reply Wink ..

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
QBical

PostPosted: Sun May 16 2004 19:12    

bah...

people, people...

It's not how you do it, or with what means you do it...

ITS ABOUT WHAT YOU CREATE!

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
xenomorph disturbance
User

PostPosted: Sun May 16 2004 22:32    

QBical wrote:
bah...

people, people...

It's not how you do it, or with what means you do it...

ITS ABOUT WHAT YOU CREATE!

True.........but i just wanna do some effort for it...
How more difficult,how more i wanna finish a song....

QBical

PostPosted: Sun May 16 2004 22:39    

buy reaktor, use it as an VSTi, and you'll be amazed how much effort is needed to create a track with it.

Seriusly, if you take a VST instrument and work your way beyond the presets the results are far more exciting, same go's for the FX's.
It has opened my music world with bold new sounds and FX's. that's for sure...

grtz
qb

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next