Music talk
 My album in a day, Fish Bowl, and a Madtracker plug
Reply to topic Post new topic  
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11 2004 01:58    
My album in a day, Fish Bowl, and a Madtracker plug

Hey Everybody,

I mentioned earlier that I was going to do an album in a day, as guided by Crap Art.org: http://crapart.spacebar.org/aad/

I wrote, recorded and mastered seven original songs in one day (on Tuesday). The results are mixed, but there are a few songs that I like: "You Can Tell," "Heroes for Ghosts" and "Ash."

Give 'em a listen at: http://quinone.madtracker.net/davidswain/index.htm (under Album in a Day project)
or at
http://www.soundclick.com/davidswain (in the music section, Album: Fish Bowl)

Feel free to give some criticism or feedback. I did the best that I could, given that I did it in around 10 hrs.

Later,
David Swain

edit: I forgot to mention that I added a plug back here to Madtracker.org to help spread the word about Madtracker Wink .
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11 2004 16:06    

Cool! I'm downloading right away.. that is if my brother quits playing these online games. He'll get mad if I download now Twisted Evil

Funny project btw. On that project's webpage they mention www.lulu.com and I quote:
Quote:

where you can you put your album up for free download and also sell CDs.

This might be a nice site for those who keep using geocities against better judgement Wink

Remember that song you send to me? It seems I'm finally able to free some time and get into music again Cool

To Inge: how much space you have on madtracker.org anyway Wink

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14 2004 11:29    

Ok I downloaded your three "recommended" tracks.

Ashes: I don't really have much with this track. Nice guitars and all, but that's all. It sounds like a great intro on a rock concert.

Heroes For Ghosts: now this is the good stuff. Nice track.

You Can Tell: I like the acoustic guitar in this track. It's a nice combination with the electric one. Good job!

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14 2004 18:19    

Blaster wrote:
Ok I downloaded your three "recommended" tracks.

Ashes: I don't really have much with this track. Nice guitars and all, but that's all. It sounds like a great intro on a rock concert.

Hehe...you are exactly right. It was basically my interpretation of Van Halen's song "Eruption." I have always wanted to do a solo electric guitar song that shows off some of my guitar skills..and there it is..lol.

Blaster wrote:
Heroes For Ghosts: now this is the good stuff. Nice track.

Thanks, it was about the 3rd song that I wrote for the album. It has an "Eye of the Tiger" quality to it IMHO. I also tried to put some Arabian influence in there too with some of the lead guitar parts..it is subtle, but there.

Blaster wrote:
You Can Tell: I like the acoustic guitar in this track. It's a nice combination with the electric one. Good job!

Thanks again, this song is actually my favorite track off of the album. I have never done a straight ahead rock-blues song and I love the genre. I tried to give it a Hendrix meets Stevie Ray Vaughn kind of feeling and I was really happy with the results. I am probably going to experiment some more with blues music...it is so distinct and raw at times.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to the tracks Blaster and for giving me some feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

Later,
David
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
N0N

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16 2004 05:32    

You have talent David, keep up the song writeing, cause some people just dont get what writing songs in madtracker is all about, and what you've just done in this compo thing is probably the best way to show people how easy it is to use. Good luck in the compo. and keep thous sounds a pumpin.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
David Swain
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16 2004 07:15    

N0N wrote:
You have talent David, keep up the song writeing, cause some people just dont get what writing songs in madtracker is all about, and what you've just done in this compo thing is probably the best way to show people how easy it is to use. Good luck in the compo. and keep thous sounds a pumpin.

Hey, thanks man. You are very talented yourself Smile . It is always nice to get feedback, especially if it is positive Laughing .

Oh, and keep those remixes coming, my songs get so much better when you redo them!!

Peace,
David
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour