MadTracker.org
Forum - Hello...
Log in Log in Profile Profile Search Memberlist Usergroups FAQ FAQ
 Forum
General discussion
 Hello...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Jesse Moore
Registered User


Joined: 18 May 2003
Location: Tipp City, Ohio, USA
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 00:22    
Hello...
Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the actually making music in trackers. I've been using them as players up until a couple weeks ago when I registered madtracker. I hope to be happily tracking soon Very Happy


"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Canton Ohio, USA
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 02:14    
Reply with quote

good luck!

~E

p.s. and sign my goddamn guestbook


If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 09:59    
Reply with quote

Enonimis wrote:

p.s. and sign my goddamn guestbook


shh, your scaring people Shocked Very Happy

Jesse, good luck with your tracking career, welcome to the gang. If there's something your wondering about, don't be afraid to ask (Enon is a real nice fellow if you remember to feed him alcohol, so no need to be frightened of him Very Happy ).

But please read the FAQ before you ask anything, and you'll be saved a lot of uneccessary "newbie this and newbie that" comments Wink
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Nieuw Lekkerland @ Holland
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 13:36    
Reply with quote

And no matter what your question is, I shall always advice to throw away your current soundcard and replace it for a terratec dmx 6fire and refer to the Pro53b.

...

No, just buy a terratec and start playing with the pro53.

Enjoy your time round here!

Inge


Care for a game of Monopoly?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
D Vibe
Registered User


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 14:20    
Reply with quote

Check out Beatmax's beginner tutorial. Its link is available from the link section of this site (dooh! Laughing) to the left of this nice forum Smile

/Daniel


http://www.dvibe.se
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Canton Ohio, USA
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 14:21    
Reply with quote

Sunbuster wrote:
Enonimis wrote:

p.s. and sign my goddamn guestbook


shh, your scaring people Shocked Very Happy

Jesse, good luck with your tracking career, welcome to the gang. If there's something your wondering about, don't be afraid to ask (Enon is a real nice fellow if you remember to feed him alcohol, so no need to be frightened of him Very Happy ).

But please read the FAQ before you ask anything, and you'll be saved a lot of uneccessary "newbie this and newbie that" comments Wink


Shhh... I have an image to uphold here!
Twisted Evil
~E


If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue May 20 2003 20:26    
Reply with quote

Enonimis wrote:
Sunbuster wrote:
Enonimis wrote:

p.s. and sign my goddamn guestbook


shh, your scaring people Shocked Very Happy

Jesse, good luck with your tracking career, welcome to the gang. If there's something your wondering about, don't be afraid to ask (Enon is a real nice fellow if you remember to feed him alcohol, so no need to be frightened of him Very Happy ).

But please read the FAQ before you ask anything, and you'll be saved a lot of uneccessary "newbie this and newbie that" comments Wink


Shhh... I have an image to uphold here!
Twisted Evil
~E


Laughing Twisted Evil I doubt my little comment will have much influence on that Wink
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mikx
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Melbourne
PostPosted: Wed May 21 2003 06:05    
Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the actually making music in trackers. I've been using them as players up until a couple weeks ago when I registered madtracker. I hope to be happily tracking soon



<mikx> hi jesse
<mikx> asl?
<mikx> *grunt, grunt*

just kidding.. Razz

good luck, tracking is easy once you get the main idea behind it.

Cool
-mikx
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
TmX
User


Joined: 23 May 2003
PostPosted: Fri May 23 2003 10:02    
Re: Hello...
Reply with quote

Jesse Moore wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the actually making music in trackers. I've been using them as players up until a couple weeks ago when I registered madtracker. I hope to be happily tracking soon Very Happy


Welcome to the scene.
Im new to the forums here but not to "tracking" (Old protracker user from the amiga era Wink ).

A good starters tip I think is to try not to use note fx unless it is absolutley nessesary.
Volume changes on the notes is your best friend at first. Learn to master that first Smile

Then as you progress you introduce your self to more note effects (like Slide to note is good for leads).

The reason is that you do not want to "over do" effects as it is all about balance and experience.

Best regards
//
Sonny "TmX" Nilsson
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Copyright © 1998-2005 Yannick Delwiche
All rights reserved