Forum
Help and support
 [Tutorial] Track and pattern effects
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11 2006 22:33    
[Tutorial] Track and pattern effects

sprecker just asked in irc how to use track and pattern effects. Although I grew up with those two, they might be quite confusing at first. I then considered it useful if there was a tutorial on this topic. I would therefore like to know your ideas about its possible content. What should be told, what should the structure be, and is there someone willing to write it or to make some sort of draft? All input is more than welcome!

Own ideas:
1: introduction: what are the built-in effect options of MadTracker
2: pattern effects: what are the effects that can be entered in the effect row, what do they do, and how do they (or the most important ones) work.
3: track effects: what are the effects that can be assigned to individual tracks, what do they do, and how do they (or the most important ones) work.
4: tips and tricks for using effects (we might steal parts of this from Beatmax's tutorial).

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sprecker
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12 2006 02:59    
Re: [Tutorial] Track and pattern effects

I think a video tutor is needed ( with A code supplement). I would love to make one but i don't have enough under my belt yet as far as tracking goes. I could make a quick start vid for noobs to understand general simple tracking and making a basic beat and such. maybe ill make one in the future and see what people think. I think there needs to be a " Ive never really tracked before but i figured out the basics reading some help, but i need more help understanding advanced tracking and the more in depth features of mad tracker". I can track a basic song and understand a little how effects work but i want to know all of them, how they work, with examples of how to manipulate each. I think there are several people like me that know how to record/mix audio on the PC/computer but have never been exposed to tracking or trackers at all. A video or set of them would clear alot up in 3 mim easyer then scratching yer head at a help file for an hour... well for those that truly want to learn like myself but find it very slow going. But I would Appreciate any help understanding effects no mater what format!
View user's journal Send private message
Ravana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12 2006 07:51    
Re: [Tutorial] Track and pattern effects

Inge wrote:
Own ideas:
1: introduction: what are the built-in effect options of MadTracker
2: pattern effects: what are the effects that can be entered in the effect row, what do they do, and how do they (or the most important ones) work.
3: track effects: what are the effects that can be assigned to individual tracks, what do they do, and how do they (or the most important ones) work.
4: tips and tricks for using effects (we might steal parts of this from Beatmax's tutorial).

I think this is a fine structure. Especially I like the "HOW do they"-part. It's easy to experiment, but knowing what actually do the effects do helps a lot.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12 2006 11:03    

specker damned you stole my avatar !! RazzVery Happy

www.soundsector.net
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour