Forum - Storage
 Forum
General discussion
 Storage
Reply to topic Post new topic  
QBical

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 21:13    
Storage

Does anyone know a good storage for some MP3 files i've got.
I've just finished an Ep and want to put it online, but my own site doesn't have enough room to put all the files.

Anyhow, I hope someone knows another way!
Oh and I don't want to put them on a mp3.com clone or similar site...

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 22:24    

I currently host everything at the server of my school. I thought you were at the HKU? They give 50 or 100 mb to every student that studies there.

Another possibility would be to set up your own server, but that would give very slow downloadspeeds for others, and it would require knowledge about servers.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 00:41    

Inge wrote:
I currently host everything at the server of my school. I thought you were at the HKU? They give 50 or 100 mb to every student that studies there.

Another possibility would be to set up your own server, but that would give very slow downloadspeeds for others, and it would require knowledge about servers.

Inge

Bah! That blows. I'm having the same problems. I just set up multiple Angelfire accounts. Free, but slow-ass downloads.

~E

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikx

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 05:22    

how much space do angelfire give you?

also, i thought those kind of places have heaps of restrictions- no zip, mp3, any kind of crap like that, restricted file sizes, and no direct linking from the outside too..?? i remember signing up for one of those (i think it was tripod), and i wasn't allowed to store files greater than 500kb or something like that..

Confused
-mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 05:45    

mikx wrote:
how much space do angelfire give you?

also, i thought those kind of places have heaps of restrictions- no zip, mp3, any kind of crap like that, restricted file sizes, and no direct linking from the outside too..?? i remember signing up for one of those (i think it was tripod), and i wasn't allowed to store files greater than 500kb or something like that..

Confused
-mikx

Angelfire is okay, lets you store 20 MB, I haven't had any issues with storing zip or mp3 files, and gives you 1 GB of bandwidth, for free.

~E

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 09:06    

www.soundclick.com
www.iuma.com

Check it! Cool

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Big Mo

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 11:48    
Re: Storage

mikx wrote:
i remember signing up for one of those (i think it was tripod), and i wasn't allowed to store files greater than 500kb or something like that..
-mikx

I've used Tripod for a while, it gives 50 MB storage, quick downloads (as far as I know) and MP3's and EXE's are allowed (even bigger than 500kB), but you can't follow any links posted outside the homesite. So, when you post a link on this forum, you can't follow it. This is what made me stop using Tripod.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour