MadTracker.org
Forum - Help to create the MadTracker WIKI!
Register Register Log in Log in Profile Profile Search Memberlist Usergroups FAQ FAQ
 Forum
Help and support
 Help to create the MadTracker WIKI!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
goose
Registered User


Joined: 11 May 2003
Location: aroundabout
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 12:29    
Reply with quote

QBical wrote:
effects and automation must be different sections.
I want to do the effects next week, if you all don't mind Smile


Grtz!
Raymond



Here's the basic pages done already...

http://www.madtracker.org/wiki/index.php/Track_Effects

Plus

http://www.madtracker.org/wiki/index.php/Command_FX

Be good to have new pages for a real detailed explanation of each Effect. Hint. Smile


 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
StyrmanLjungberg
Registered User


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Location: Ístersund, Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 15:14    
Reply with quote

goose wrote:
QBical wrote:
effects and automation must be different sections.
I want to do the effects next week, if you all don't mind Smile


Grtz!
Raymond



Here's the basic pages done already...

http://www.madtracker.org/wiki/index.php/Track_Effects

Plus

http://www.madtracker.org/wiki/index.php/Command_FX

Be good to have new pages for a real detailed explanation of each Effect. Hint. Smile


Great work!
I would love to see the fasttracker effects written, since I only know like 4 of 'em myself Razz
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Nieuw Lekkerland @ Holland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 15:36    
Reply with quote

1: Frontpage has been redone quite dramatically.

2: We should come up with a list of categories, so that each page can be assigned to a category. It's very easy to group articles under a category (a simple tag suffices) and it helps to organize all existing and new information.

Therefore: voice your thoughts about a system of categories that covers all possible content. Once we have something, pages can be assigned to a category. This is explained at http://wiki.e107.org/?title=Help:Manual#Namespaces_and_Categories


Care for a game of Monopoly?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sunbuster
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 16:09    
Reply with quote

Categories:

- General
- Tutorials
- Track_Fx
- Interface
- Tips_Tricks

Just a quick suggestion
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ravana
Registered User


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Location: Oulu, Finland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 17:12    
Reply with quote

Sunbuster wrote:
Categories:

- General
- Tutorials
- Track_Fx
- Interface
- Tips_Tricks

Just a quick suggestion

General, Tutorials and Tips_Tricks definitely, in my opinion. But couldn't Interface be in General and Track_FX in Tutorials? Just a thought... Or make Tutorials Help?


http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Inge
Man-At-Arms


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Nieuw Lekkerland @ Holland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 17:33    
Reply with quote

Sunbuster wrote:
Categories:

- General
- Tutorials
- Track_Fx
- Interface
- Tips_Tricks

Just a quick suggestion


General means nothing. The same goes for Help (in case anyone wants to mention that one). My list:

-Overview (what it is, what it can do)
-Interface (what MT looks like and what each button does)
-Usage (how the keyboard and mouse work in MT, including shortcuts)
-Tutorials (how to perform specific actions)
-Effects (how track and pattern effects work)
-Plugins (how plugins work and where they can be found)
-ReWire (how ReWire works)
-Tips & Tricks (user-specific tricks)


Care for a game of Monopoly?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
QBical
Registered User


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Utrecht , The Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 19:03    
Reply with quote

As I said before, I would like to say something about madtracker's track effects, talk about each parameter and describe what it does.

I can do the pattern effects aswell, for that I will probably take the help file as a guide and elaborate a bit more about the things I know something more of

I can talk about VST intergration, ReWire Intergration.
But with these two some help would be appreciated Smile

Grtz!
Raymond


PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Nieuw Lekkerland @ Holland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2006 19:15    
Reply with quote

Be my guest. Everything that you add can always be re-arranged later into the global structure. I'm now mainly aiming for getting a broad range of articles, so that we can create a global structure that truelly covers everything in an intuitive way.

Everyone is more than allowed to copy anything he can find in the MadTracker manual and the articles on this site.


Care for a game of Monopoly?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BeatMax
Registered User


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 00:35    
Reply with quote

If I have some time I`d like to contribute some articles Wink

BMX


-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
-----------------------------------------------
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms


Joined: 04 May 2003
Location: Nieuw Lekkerland @ Holland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 07:16    
Reply with quote

BeatMax wrote:
If I have some time I`d like to contribute some articles Wink

BMX


You're in. Have fun!


Care for a game of Monopoly?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sunbuster
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 12:28    
Reply with quote

Inge wrote:


General means nothing. The same goes for Help (in case anyone wants to mention that one). My list:

-Overview (what it is, what it can do)
-Interface (what MT looks like and what each button does)
-Usage (how the keyboard and mouse work in MT, including shortcuts)
-Tutorials (how to perform specific actions)
-Effects (how track and pattern effects work)
-Plugins (how plugins work and where they can be found)
-ReWire (how ReWire works)
-Tips & Tricks (user-specific tricks)


List looks good imo (for the time being at least). One question about the plugins part: Is your aim to provide instructions about all VST plugins separately? Wouldn't that be the job of the plugin manual in that case? And where they can be found is the plugins database, right?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ravana
Registered User


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Location: Oulu, Finland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 12:43    
Reply with quote

Command FX at the Wiki wrote:

The complete overview of FastTracker (and ImpulseTracker) codes and their comparison to similar MadTracker codes can be found here.

Someone could actually add the link where the referred list is. Or remove that part.


http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Sunbuster
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 13:23    
Image/file uploads
Reply with quote

Got a question about using images: Seems the image uploading is disabled in the MT wiki, which means we'd have to upload possible images to other places in order to use them in the wiki, right? This causes a situation where parts of the wiki might disappear because some server dies or someone accidentally deletes files from his own serverspace. Might be a good idea to allow the image/file uploads after all, so we'd have everything central, Yannick?
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Wezep
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 14:40    
Re: Image/file uploads
Reply with quote

Sunbuster wrote:
Got a question about using images: Seems the image uploading is disabled in the MT wiki, which means we'd have to upload possible images to other places in order to use them in the wiki, right? This causes a situation where parts of the wiki might disappear because some server dies or someone accidentally deletes files from his own serverspace. Might be a good idea to allow the image/file uploads after all, so we'd have everything central, Yannick?


you just have to paste the link of the image ^^


www.soundsector.net
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sunbuster
Registered User


Joined: 05 May 2003
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27 2006 14:59    
Re: Image/file uploads
Reply with quote

G3ronimo wrote:
Sunbuster wrote:
Got a question about using images: Seems the image uploading is disabled in the MT wiki, which means we'd have to upload possible images to other places in order to use them in the wiki, right? This causes a situation where parts of the wiki might disappear because some server dies or someone accidentally deletes files from his own serverspace. Might be a good idea to allow the image/file uploads after all, so we'd have everything central, Yannick?


you just have to paste the link of the image ^^


Does that upload the image to the same server where the wiki is? Because to be honest I'm not very interested in the idea of hosting the images that I only use for the Wiki myself.
 Back to top
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Page 5 of 8 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Copyright © 1998-2005 Yannick Delwiche
All rights reserved